Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England. Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is allocated to pupils who are one of the following:
• pupils looked after,
• pupils who are currently eligible for Free School Meals,
• pupils who are within a service family,
• those pupils who have received Free School Meals in the last six years (known as ‘Ever 6’ children).
The children of Armed Forces families, children adopted from care, children who have left care under Special Guardianship order and young people In Care are also eligible for Pupil Premium funding.
It’s designed to help disadvantaged pupils of all abilities perform better, and close the gap between them and their peers.
From September 2014 all Infant school children will receive free school meals.
For children that would have been eligible for free school meals (FSM) a Pupil Premium allowance for these children will be given to the school.
The Pupil Premium will allow the school to provide additional support for these children, such as 1:1 reading, additional small group support and £50 credit annually which can be used towards the cost of covering school trips, uniform or after school clubs.
If you are entitled we would therefore encourage you to register for FSM so that your child can benefit from these additional resources.
Families who receive certain benefits may be eligible for free school meals. Your child is eligible for free school meals if you’re in receipt of one of the following benefits:
• Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (£616.67/month)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
• Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
To find out if you are eligible you can either complete the form attached below and return to the school office who will check on your behalf and notify you of the outcome. Or you can you follow the this link and complete the information yourself https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/hants
For more information on Pupil Premium please see the following links: