Primary School entry to Year R in September 2024
If your child was born between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020, they are due to start school in the school year beginning September 2024.
Admission to a Year R class is not automatic.
Application opens from Wednesday 1st November 2023 to Monday 15th January 2024 for Hampshire residents.
To make an application between these dates go to: Hampshire County Council Year R application
Should you wish to complete a paper application, please telephone 01489 782075 to request a form.
Should you require any advice on admission arrangements then please contact the Admissions team at Hampshire County Council directly on 0300 555 1377.
Notifications to parents offering a primary or infant school place will be sent by the County Council on Monday 16th April 2024.
Infant to Junior Transfer 2024
If your child is currently in Year 2 you will be required to make an application for a place to the Junior School as the transfer is not automatic. The dates and procedure for this process is the same for an application for a place in Year R above.
To make a Year 3 application: Hampshire County Council applying for a junior place (Year 3)
In Year Transfers
If your child is already at school and you wish to transfer to Freegrounds Infant School, please contact the school office for information regarding the availability of places and then apply online via Hampshire County Council Admissions Department.
To make an in year application: Hampshire County Council In Year Application
chool Tours for prospective parents starting September 2024
If your child is due to start school in September 2024, you are welcome to book on one of our school tours - The dates and times are as follows:
- Thursday 28th September @ 9.15am - FULL
- Thursday 28th September @ 11.00am - FULL
- Thursday 5th October@ 9.15am - FULL
- Thursday 5th October @ 11.00am - FULL
- Tuesday 10th October @ 11.00am - FULL
- Wednesday 11th October @ 9.15am - FULL
- Wednesday 11th October @ 11.00am - FULL
- Monday 16th October @ 11.00am - FULL
- Wednesday 18th October @ 9.15am - FULL
- Tuesday 31st October @ 9.15am - FULL
- Tuesday 31st October @ 11am - FULL
- Thursday 2nd November @ 9.15am - FULL
- Thursday 2nd November @ 11.00am - FULL
- Tuesday 7th November @ 9.15am - FULL
- Thursday 16th November @ 11.00 - FULL
- Monday 27th November @ 9.15am - FULL
- Tuesday 5th December @ 9.15 am - FULL
- Tuesday 5th December @ 11.00am - FULL
Additional dates added:
- Monday 20th November @ 9.30am
- Thursday 4th January @ 9.30am
- Monday 8th January @ 9.30
If you are booked on a tour but now cannot attend, please do let us know so that we can offer the place out to someone else.
Your child is welcome to attend the tour along with a maximum of 2 parents per family.
Please call the school office on 01489 782075 or email email@example.com to book a space.