At Freegrounds Infant School we encourage everyone to develop a strong sense of identity, self-worth and happiness, with a thirst for learning. We are relentless in the pursuit of the very best outcomes for all our children.
We aim to achieve this through:
• creating a culture of inclusion and respect
• providing high quality teaching and learning, first hand experiences, high levels of
collaboration, challenge and support
• creating an exciting, stimulating, resource rich environment which supports learning through
interactive displays and the use of the latest technology
• building on previous learning, teaching key skills and creating opportunities to explore and be curious
• enabling or encouraging everyone to become confident to pursue their own interests, brave to take risks and independent and motivated to learn
• working in close collaboration with each other, parents and other agencies , schools and the wider community
• valuing the ideas and celebrating the achievement, successes and individuality of everyone.
At Freegrounds we have a set of Values which underpin the children’s spiritual, moral, cultural and social development and learning. As a school we decided what values were important to us and we strongly believe that they are central to good citizenship and lifelong learning:
Independence – learning to work and make decisions on my own, making my own choice to lead my learning
Teamwork – learning to work with others, sharing ideas, respecting the opinions of others
Thinking – processing information, using thinking hats
Motivation – striving to achieve my best
Engagement – show curiosity and explore using our senses
Respect – respect for ourselves and our environment
Our Values underpin the way we at Freegrounds work, behave and treat all members of the school community.