At Freegrounds Infant School we encourage everyone to develop a strong sense of identity, self-worth and happiness, with a thirst for learning. We are relentless in the pursuit of the very best outcomes for all our children and committed to establishing strong foundations for our pupil's future success physically, emotionally and academically. The UNCRC link directly to these values and specifically...
We aim to achieve this through:
• creating a culture of inclusion and respect, valuing the ideas and celebrating the achievement, effort, successes and individuality of everyone
• providing high quality teaching and learning, first hand experiences, high levels of collaboration, challenge and support through highly personalised and Arts rich curriculum which builds on previous learning, promotes creativity, teaches key skills and creates opportunities for pupils to explore and be curious
• creating an exciting, stimulating, resource rich environment which supports learning through interactive displays and the use of technology and the outdoor environment
• enabling and encouraging everyone to become pragmatic citizens of the local and global community, confident to pursue their own interests, brave to take risks, resilient to overcome difficulties, independent and motivated to learn
• working in close collaboration with each other, parents, outside agencies, schools and the wider community
• providing the knowledge, skills, enthusiasm and opportunities to enable everyone to embrace a healthy lifestyle in terms of diet and physical activity.
At Freegrounds we have a set of Values which underpin the children’s spiritual, moral, cultural and social development and learning. As a school we decided what values were important to us and we strongly believe that they are central to good citizenship and lifelong learning:
Independence – learning to work and make decisions on my own, making my own choice to lead my learning
Teamwork – learning to work with others, sharing ideas, respecting the opinions of others
Thinking – processing information, using thinking hats
Motivation – striving to achieve my best
Engagement – show curiosity and explore using our senses
Respect – respect for ourselves and our environment
Our Values underpin the way we at Freegrounds work, behave and treat all members of the school community.