You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Department of Education Corona Virus Helpline
The Department for Education have launched a helpline to answer any questions you may have about COVID-19 in related to education. Parents and young people can contact the helpline, which is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm, as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
The importance of hygiene
Personal hygiene is the most important way we can tackle COVID-19. This includes the following:
- Avoiding direct hand contact with your eyes, nose and mouth
- Maintaining good hand hygiene;
Washing hands with soap and water or alcohol hand sanitiser, after coughing or sneezing,
after going to the toilet, and prior to eating and drinking
- Wherever possible avoid direct contact with people that have a respiratory illness and avoid using their personal items such as their mobile phone
- When coughing or sneezing cover your nose and mouth with disposable tissues and disposing of them in nearest waste bin after use.